Is it legal to gather screenshots from opened webcam? aren't there any problem for me to see or dowload the leaked webcam screen shots?

Hey all, i hope this is not dumb question but if it is, I feel sorry for asking.
I’m just curious about accessing the leaked webcam screenshot data
How is it possible for gathering those leaked screenshot data and using for commercial? And aren’t there any problem with users who downloading those screenshot from the site? is this also kind of open source intelligence? So is it leagl because they use the opened source data? I’m just curious about before accessing those leaked webcam screenshots.
image (87)

OSINT is defined by both the U.S. Director of National Intelligence and the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), as intelligence “produced from publicly available information that is collected, exploited, and disseminated in a timely manner to an appropriate audience for the purpose of addressing a specific intelligence requirement.”

In my opinion it’s open source intelligence, therefore not only legal but also ethical. Again, my opinion. Sure, script kiddies will search for cameras and try default creds and watch whatever shit CCTV system someone has setup but this has been on news channels (in the UK and USA at least) so people at this point should know basic security measures like changing passwords by now.

Most likely yes, but only sometimes, and the rest of the time its fine.
Criminal ip is just a tool, and tools can be used legitimately, and they can be used illegally.
A bit like a knife - which is just a tool, until you stab someone with it.

nothing is ever illegal unless you use it in an illegal fashion

Depends where you are… but it is almost universally legal around the world.

Not only that… even if it wasn’t, how would you get caught?

Now… if you used the footage to blackmail someone or do something else stupid with it, you might have a problem.

I like to use them to find people without driving around… usually for process service.